About Me

My photo
I have studied human relationships my entire life. Relationships are the glue of our world, the reason for our existence. My life has been and continues to be intense and full of big, sometimes hard lessons. I will share with you what I have gleaned and hopefully open up a forum for discussion about our humanity. This is the one thing that we all have in common. I want to help in whatever way I can. As a disclaimer I need to say that the advice or opinions that I express here are only that. At the end of the day we must all make our own choices and mistakes. We are all in this together. The more dialog takes place, the more we get to know about ourselves, eachother and this crazy place that is our world. Let's create some buzz! I will always be honest with you even if it stings a little.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The B Keeper said...
Dear Anonymous,

First things first: it is okay to feel your fear of being alone and also to acknowledge the risk involved in endeavouring another relationship. Both of these fears are normal and human. Sit down and do some writing about this. What was it about your past relationships that did not work? What do you want in a partner? What does this new person have to offer and what do you have to offer? Are your long term goals compatible with this person? Lastly, what does it feel like for you to be alone? It is perfectly human to experience lonliness when we do not have a partner to share our lives with. However, if you find yourself unable to enjoy the time that you spend with yourself (alone) you may need to examine this more closely. We cannot have successful relationships with others if we do not have a healthy relationship with ourselves. Are you fully invested in your life or are you only looking for someone to distract you from the work that you need to be doing on yourself? If you have acted destructively in past relationbships you must be very honest with yourself about what motivated that behavior and what needs to change WITHIN YOU so that pattern does not repeat itself. Good Luck!! ~the beekeeper

No comments:

Followers